Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Coppelia

Coppelia
Denver Ballet Theater
PACE Center
Parker, CO 
April 21-22, 2015

I've seen  many classic ballets over the years, but never Coppelia. I was familiar with the story line, but I was looking forward to seeing it.

The Denver Ballet Theater is a school based company. I was very impressed with the choreography given to the students. It was challenging but clearly not too difficult for their ability levels.

The principal roles were played by dancers from the Colorado Ballet and it was exciting to see their abilities up close.

The costumes were beautiful and the simple sets were charming. Overall, it was a lovely show to watch. The storyline is very simple to make room for lots of dancing, but this group proved their ability to express their feelings without words. (And it helped that there was a synopsis in the program!)

This was my first experience seeing the Denver Ballet Theater and I would absolutely go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment