Search This Blog

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Cinderella

Cinderella
Colorado Ballet
Ellie Caulkins Opera House
Denver, CO 
February 14-23, 2014

Over the years, I've seen many versions of Cinderella, but the ballet version was a new one for me. But I've seen many fairy tales performed by the Colorado Ballet and this one did not disappoint.

The sets were impressive - a house for Cinderella to clean and an impressive royal hall among them. The costumes were lovely. Most of the cast blended into the background to allow Cinderella to dazzle in her entrances to the ball.

Since we all know the story, the action was easy to follow. Most enjoyable was definitely the two male dancers clumsily playing the stepsisters. Cinderella was lovely and easy to identify with.

The special effects were believable. Most impressive is the old beggar woman transformation into Cinderella's fairy godmother. The coach was beautiful, even if it was pulled by dancers dressed as horses.

The finale showed Cinderella's wedding to her prince and her coronation.The happily ever after was complete.

As a side note, I had an issue with my seat for the show. (I went with a group and my seat was nothing short of awful.) I emailed the Colorado Ballet after the show. The response was quick and satisfying. They offered me free tickets to an upcoming show. In this day and age good customer service is hard to come by. Clearly, Colorado Ballet wants their customers to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment